Socialize is proud to present a full day workshop by Mario Herger!
Wednesday | June 24 | 9:00 – 17:00 | Papaito Bar Lounge | Salame 29, Tel Aviv
Gamification is the use of game design techniques & mechanics to solve problems and engage audiences. Gamification strives to encourage users to engage in desired behaviors in connection with non-game applications.
To get your users to do anything, it’s not enough to make it easy: they also have to *want* it. That’s where gamification and game design thinking comes in. Instead of reducing friction (usability), it’s all about how to motivate your users. In short: how to make them click. This full day workshop will give you a solid primer in the psychology of motivation and action. It will give you a structured tool to analyze any user behavior you want to drive, and a process how to gather user research and identify promising ideas for improving your application or website.
The mission of this workshop is to understand and embrace the concepts of Gamification thinking & design, to incorporate engagement, fun, mastery and autonomy for your players in- and outside of your organization by using the tools & techniques for Gamification.
CEO, founder and partner of Enterprise Gamification Consultancy LLC
|MARIO HERGER is CEO, founder and partner of Enterprise Gamification Consultancy LLC, a strategic consulting group focused on gamification, innovation, social business, and intrapreneurship in the enterprise. He had been Senior Innovation Strategist at SAP Labs in Palo Alto, California and Global Head of the Gamification Initiative at SAP where he had worked for 15 years. In 2013 he also co-founded and leads the Innovation Europe Center Silicon Valley that connects European startups and companies with the Silicon Valley.In his work as head of the Gamification Initiative at SAP he has encountered and supported gamification efforts in the enterprise from multiple levels and departments, like Sustainability, On Demand, Mobile, HR, Training & Education, Banking etc. He has driven the awareness around gamification by organizing and leading innovation events around this topic, holding dozens of one- or two-day gamification workshops, working with gamification platform- & service-providers and game studios, consulting and advising organizations, and by incorporating gamification into corporate strategies.He regularly speaks at and co-organizes conferences on gamification and innovation (amongst other topics). His large network in the gamification and innovation space allows him to pull in experts from every corner of the world into projects.
He has been driving communities for more than 15 years, including communities on innovative topics, like Visual Composer, Business Process Experts, mobile, robotics, and gamification, but also folk-dancing (Dancilla).He has a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from the Vienna University of Technology and an undergraduate degree in International Business Management from the Vienna University of Economy.
The workshop is a full day practical workshop with many individual and team exercises throughout the day:
- Onboarding – Introduction to Enterprise Gamification
- Defining the Challenge & Goals
- Understanding the Player(s)
- Learning about Gamification Design and Game Mechanics
- Gamifying the Application / Process / Activity
- Growing & Sustaining the Application / Process / Activity
- Considering National and International Legal Restrictions
- Building Awareness and Support for Gamification in your Organization
- Developing a Holistic Corporate Gamification Strategy
- Practically, you will learn:
- How motivation, capabilities, and opportunities interact to produce a behaviour
- How to analyze a target behavior for motivations, capabilities, and opportunities
- How to conduct user interviews that help you uncover motivations
- How to generate design ideas for driving desired user actions
At the end of the day you will be able to apply gamification techniques to your application or activity for your player types, be they employees, customers or partners. If you brought your own example to the workshop, you will have a raw draft of a potential gamified approach for it.
Early Birds Registration ends on June 15! Register today for only 1259 NIS (Tax and lunch included)
- This workshop includes:
- Full day of intensive learning
- Coffee and snacks served throughout the day
- Delicious lunch, at the famous’RAK BASAR’ restaurant
- Network opportunities with other professionals just like you.
- Beer! What a perfect way to end an intensive workshop.
- RequirementsFor the Gamification Workshop there are no requirements. If you have a concrete application, process or activity in mind that you want to gamify, you are very welcome to use that example during the workshop. Many other examples will be provided.
- Who should attend?
- IT Architects
- Application Developers
- Community Managers
- IT Consultants
- User Experience Designers
- Business Process Experts
- Solution & Product Managers
- Marketing&Brand managers
- Game Designers
Space is strictly limited. Register now to reserve your seat!